Introduction and shell request.

Old resolved & closed past requests.

Introduction and shell request.

Postby mrneedsh3ll » April 27th, 2013, 11:58 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm mrneedsh3ll, and I'm here for two reasons.

The first one is to introduce myself to the rest of the Fewona community.
As I said already, my nickname is mrneedsh3ll, I'm a programmer of sorts and a technology enthusiast (probably like the rest of you here).
I reached this website (happily) after looking for a free shell provider that met my requirements on Google (I am a previous Shellmix user, but as some of you may know servers were shut down not long ago). That forced me to navigate through the horde of broken links that pollute Google looking for a new alternative, and here I am...

After this brief (but necessary) introduction...
I am formerly requesting a shell, I intend to run a few services (probably no more than 2 or 3) PSYBNC being one of them, the other probably an eggdrop, but that is not yet determined. I will be also using BitchX/IRSSI. I am a responsible user and I am not planning to use the shell for any kind illegal activities.

If you read all the post you got yourself a free cookie.

Thanks in advance.
mrneedsh3ll

Re: Introduction and shell request.

Postby NullByte » April 28th, 2013, 10:03 am

Is the psybnc for personal use, how many connections (users) will it have, to what irc networks and do you know about znc (psybnc is outdated buggy and not supported for years, meanwhile znc is modern, powerful, stable and functional)?
NULL
NullByte
Fewona Staff

Postby mrneedsh3ll » April 28th, 2013, 7:09 pm

I hadn't heard of ZNC, but if it works the same way PsyBNC does and it's what you support, it should be enough.
The service requested is for personal use, and I only need one or two connections to 72.20.50.247 port 6667
mrneedsh3ll

Postby NullByte » April 28th, 2013, 7:38 pm

It is way better and functional :) Why don't you try it? And then if you wish you can go with psybnc, but I doubt it since znc is way better :)

Just type in IRC (while on channel #fewona on irc.fewona.net and with regged nick mrneedsh3ll:
/msg veselba znc 72.20.50.247 google
Then wait a while for bot to create the account and it will give you information and details (user pass server web panel etc).

Enjoy :)
NULL
NullByte
Fewona Staff

Postby mrneedsh3ll » April 29th, 2013, 12:30 am

Okay, I'll give it a try. Thank you. :D
mrneedsh3ll

Postby NullByte » May 4th, 2013, 10:09 am

You are welcome :)
NULL