Python Bot Development

Feedback, Suggestions or Discussion about Fewona

Python Bot Development

Postby Rix » April 15th, 2013, 2:58 pm

I'm studying Python at the university and we are assigned to make a project of our choice.
So I've chosen to make a Python IRC Bot.
This topic will be related to everything about the bot - from its development to bug reports and suggestions.
Since there are some python bots I want mine to be unique in some way. Please make suggestions what should the bot do :P and name too :D
Initially I think of sth related to checker (for example checking websites if they are online then report to irc (and send an email) if some website is down)
Качествен VPS хостинг от http://vpsbg.eu
Rix
Tech Mentor

Re: Python Bot Development

Postby Gaddafi » April 16th, 2013, 6:41 am

Or maybe make a bot in which users can add football matches they want to follow (watch).
Bot will find informations about games added on some site with LiveScore.
Everytime something happens (yellow/red card, goal etc...) bot will post message to irc.

This was the first thing that came up to my mind. If I remember anything else, I will suggest. Good luck with the project ;)
Gaddafi
Fewona Staff

Re: Python Bot Development

Postby munZe » April 19th, 2013, 11:23 am

Make a bot to login in forum with our bot username and pass and check users if exist on forum, like my IRC4Me, and make him to auto notice users if didnt login to nickserv via email, or if didnt login to shell same via mail.

Or maybe make a bot in which users can add football matches they want to follow (watch).
Bot will find informations about games added on some site with LiveScore.
Everytime something happens (yellow/red card, goal etc...) bot will post message to irc.

This was the first thing that came up to my mind. If I remember anything else, I will suggest. Good luck with the project ;)

Nice idea Gaddafi, i will check some Live Score sites to grab infos and make some tcl test bot :D
[r00t@err0r #] cat /etc/pwnd
Owner of Majstorov.Info,DBase @ Fewona.Net
TCL,Community,IRC Games (Holdem,Lov,Kviz), Free SHELL Ipv6, Free ZNC Ipv4 & Ipv6 -=> Fewona.Net
munZe
Fewona Staff

Return to Fewona Related